Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crumbled on the Floor, Bleeding...

On Wednesday during break time in my Beginning Reading class, I went next door to borrow a CD player that actually plays MP3s. I was able to borrow it from Miss Emily. When I stepped into my classroom, Jojo, my student, was crumbled on the floor. Her head was bleeding everywhere and she was crying. I ran and told Gerald that one of my kids was hurt. Thankfully, Gerald was across the hall in the big room setting up for the HUGE Token-Mart store.

I ran back to my classroom and grabbed Jojo tissues and placed them on her forehead. She was still sobbing. Carol asked me if she should run downstairs and get a secretary to help. Without thinking I told her yes. As Carol ran out of the classroom, Gerald called for her to stop! Anita, one of the secretaries, came in. She said she would take Jojo downstairs. She helped Jojo up and they went downstairs.

The kids told me that he has run toward Levi and then has run into the edge of the door. I felt bad that I wasn't there. Levi kept saying: I didn't do anything! He was worried about getting in trouble, which is understandable. Francis came in a few minutes later and talked to me about what happened. I had to tell her that I was next door getting the CD player. Then she asked the kids about it in English. After Levi tried to explain it, she told him just to tell her in Chinese so she could actually understand him.

As Francis was leaving, she said, "Too many accidents today," and shook her head. Earlier that morning, one of Miss Megan's children has broken his arm. And someone else had gotten hurt.

Gerald, was saying later that in the last part of the semester more accidents happen. It is the end of the semester and kids are excited. And things are more relaxed. And today is was very evident.

Today, Jojo was back in class. She is okay. She will probably have a scar. She didn't have to get any stitches. But man, I feel bad for her.

No comments: