Monday, December 15, 2008

Aw...Kindergarten Enrichment...They are too cute.

I teach a Kindergarten Enrichment class. In the beginning I wasn't so sure about it. It was hard and I didn't know what I was doing. I really didn't know what I was doing. About two weeks into it, Gloria (one the secretaries) pulled me aside and said she had observed me teaching. I wasn't using any music and something else I have probably blocked out.

Also one of the kids had complained to his mom that he was bored in my class and didn't want to come. That almost broke my tender little teaching heart. Every teacher goes through that moment: can I really hack it??

In the beginning, I had kind of dreaded going to that class every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I really did not enjoy it. I guess I had to break in my kindergarten teaching shoes because there were too tight and making me feel sort of miserable. Gloria told me to use songs and also to go visit Morning Kindergarten. I visited it two days in a row. One day was a Thursdays and then Friday I subbed for Connie while she went to Hong Kong. It was good to observe those who seemed to know what they were doing.

Now, I am totally in love with my kids. They have come and gone, but there are some that have been with me the whole time. I feel like they are my kids in a way. I would love to see them grow up and would love to see them every step of the way. However, that is impossible. I love their personalities and they even like to help me. It is intensely cute. "I want ta heelp you!" It melts my heart. They sometimes like to help me take my stuff to the other room when we are done with gym. They all cry out in a chant: I want ta heelp you!"

Today was so wonderful. We basically played the whole hour and 1/2. And took pictures. I would love to wrap those tender, spontaneous moments up and keep them close to my heart forever. They are joyful. Aw...children. What a beautiful sight. Don't get me wrong, they can misbehave and be kids. I love their little-big personalities.

Here are some photos from today:






1 comment:

Cyona said...

I love the pictures in this one! You're right, the matted floor really does make all the colors pop out!s