Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thoughts of Direction

Haven't written a blog here in what seems like forever. It is pretty crazy. I am living in Taiwan teaching English. I have been here since the end of June and it is already September...I cannot believe it sometimes. I am thinking of going back to the States at the end of the year, but I could stay until June of next year.

That would be crazy cool and plus I might want to go teach English in Russia or something like that through ILP, it would be volunteer of course, but it would still be really cool. I have grand ideas of traveling the world, but I don't know. I would like to do that, but I don't know if that is what I should do. As a matter of fact, I don't know what I want to do with my life. Not that I HAVE to figure it out right now, but I should get an idea about the next year of my life and plan accordingly.

I have been trying to do some soul-searching: to find myself or whatever. Whatever happens, this is a turning point. A big part of me wants to find someone, get married and start a family, but another part of me wants to fully understand/figure out who I am before I go anywhere serious with anyone, but myself. But who knows?? I think I need to wait a few more years before that happens. I need to find somewhat of a career and become financially stable (which is a big time goal). Just having finished school, I need to start paying it off. And after not getting paid for 4 months, I need some money.

I will all figure it out in time.

1 comment:

Brad and Hailey said...

I think what you need is not a goal ... but a dream. I think you need to get back in touch with what you're dreams are then go for it. If you could do or be anything .... absolutly ANYTHING what would it be? Think about it. It took me a few weeks to remember what my dream was ... and in remembering I found me again. I truly feel like me when I am persuing it. I crushed my dream when I was 8, but slowly and surely I am finding it and nurturing it again. No it hasn't come to flourishin yet, but it gives me a feeling of accomplishment and meaning just continuing to strive ... so find your dream :)Then you will find you.