Monday, July 21, 2008

Learning Chinese


I have picked up a few words and phrases in Chinese. It will take me forever to get the tones down that is for sure. I have learned how to say: hello, how are you, good-bye, good night, no, no I don't need that (ironically only two characters)...AND that is about it. I want to learn more. Maybe when I get comfortable with teaching I can spend more time working on the language. I have a good 6 months left. ^_^

I am also interested in learning some common characters. I realized that some of them are very beautiful and elegant. Well, language learning is an evolution and I am just setting out. I am excited!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Erin,

When do you set out for China? How exciting!! Your blog title caught my attention and I wanted to see if I could offer any help.

My name is Steph and I help out www.eduFire.com (language learning website). I know there are many people on the site that would be willing to help you with your characters. Membership is free!

Good luck to you!!