Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back to the Future

Here I am again, in Taiwan. I would say that it feels strange being back, but in a way it doesn't. I lived here for two years already. But I would have to say that I was sad to leave my home back in America. This time was really hard for me, probably because I am going to be facing unfamiliarity and I won't have any solid friends in Hsinchu, until I make them. Before when I was coming back to Taiwan, I came back to the same school, same kids, and same bosses, and a few familiar faces back in Fongyuan. This time, to be honest, I am a little scared, but excited. New school, new kids, new co-workers, new bosses, new apartment (living by myself), etc...the list goes on.

I had a great time at home with my family. For the first time I was really home sick (at home, too, which was weird). I didn't want to leave. I miss being around my brothers and sisters, being around my parents, and being around my nieces and nephews. I miss so much being here in Taiwan.

But I love Taiwan, so it will be great. Every new beginning is "scary" at first. The unknown always has some level of anxiety attending to it.

I landed in Taiwan this morning. I was glad to have slept through most of the flight! Now, I'm going to make my way over to Hsinchu to get into my new apartment and set up shop! ^_^

To infinity and beyond!

Oh yeah, the title...maybe that needs a little explanation. My future for the next year is here in Taiwan. I am back in my future at present, now. LOL!


1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Erin, you are a brave girl and i miss you very much