Monday, January 19, 2009

Taiwan Love

Taiwan is like my second home. I have come to love it more than my own country. I still love my country but Taiwan will always hold a very special place in my heart. It has been my first love abroad. The only other foreign country I have been in is in Canada and I was there for less than two weeks. It was a good experience, but nothing like Taiwan. The thought of leaving Taiwan does not bring me joy. I have had a taste of something I very much like. I think I will cry when I leave it. Thank goodness I have a little less than 5 months left of Taiwan. There are so much places I still need to go to.

This Chinese New Year's I am going to see a little more of Taiwan. Taiwan has inspired the urge to travel everywhere in the world. It has opened my eyes to the options of my life. I never thought this is where my life would lead me, but I am lovin' it. Taiwan is probably one of the best things I have done bar none. My family would love to see me home again, but I don't want to go back. I just feel it would be the death of something inside of me. My Chinese language learning is going very slow, but it is crawling along. Despite that, I am very happy here.

Taiwan love. Forever.

3 comments:

Cyona said...

I'm so glad you love Taiwan. I love it here too. I hope these last five months will be amazing. Actually, I KNOW they'll be amazing! Can't wait to travel with you in two weeks to Kenting!!! whoohooo!

Shan said...

I'm so glad that you decided to stay! It sounds like that's where you're supposed to be. Enjoy the Chinese New Year! I'm jealous that you get to be there for it!

emilyh said...

That is great you are enjoying Taiwan. Live it up those five months ! Have a wonderful Chinese New Year I wish I could be there for it. Take lots of pictures. Also thanks for the birthday wish on facebook.