Thursday, August 7, 2008

What are you doing here?

A few us teachers went out to eat. After we were done Megan I am headed to the 24-Hour grocery store while the others left to go home.

We did our shopping. I checked out, but Megan was still up at the counter so I went to go put my drinks in the basket of the bike. I got on my bike. I saw two people pull up on scooter. I looked at the female driver and her hair was really light, so I knew she couldn't have have been Taiwanese. She turned around; I realised she was white and probably American. What followed next was hilarious. I will even give a duologue:

*girl and boy on motorbike enter stage right

[Erin] Hello, how are you?
[girl] I am well, how are you?
[Erin] What are you doing here?
[girl] umm...teaching English
[Erin] Oh yeah, me too! what school?
[girl] The Hess School.
[Erin] Oh yes, our rival school!
[girl] You are our rival school?....
[Erin] Just kidding! *oh shoot...I guess I shouldn't have said that...*

*Enter Megan.

[Erin] Hey Megan, these people teach English here!
[Megan] Hi, I am Megan.
[girl] I'm (insert name here....cause I cannot remember)
[boy] I'm (insert name here...again I don't remember)
[Erin] I'm Erin

*All shake hands.

[Erin] Megan they teach at the Hess School.

*Girl points to boy.

[boy] I teach at another school.

[everyone] (lots of dialogue I cannot remember)

[Megan] (something said about what they do for fun and should have led to conversation of getting together because after all they speak English...makes sense, right?)

[girl] I am sure we will see each other soon, Feng Yuan is pretty small. (basically, we don't care if we bump into you guys again...especially Erin, she is pretty weird)

[girl] I am sure we will run into each other again.

[Megan & Erin] Bye, have a good night!

*exit girl and boy

*Erin laughs to herself

*Megan and Erin ride near stage left on their bikes

[Erin] Megan, I think they wanted to get away from us!

[Megan] I got that vibe, too.

[Erin] I was too excited that they spoke English! But I don't think they really want to hang out with us. It seems like they are couple and they don't need other English speaker's company

[Megan] Yeah....

*Exit stage left

[Fin]

I just thought it was so funny that I acted like I knew them! "What are you doing here?" LOL. Funny funny. I am on something tonight! Love it!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Love it! I always make awkward comments!