Thursday, June 26, 2008

Almost to Taiwan...

I cannot believe that tonight is almost my last night in the United States for a while. I am going off to Taiwan and get into Taiwan around 6am this Saturday. Crazy. I have been pretty calm up until now...tonight, it is just such a trip. No turning back now, I say to myself. This is something that you are going to do and it will be worth it! I know I can do it. It will be interesting to say the least, but it will be wonderful. It will be difficult to learn a new job with so much to know. But I know when the 6 months is over, I will have not regretted it.

Things like this always hit before right before or right after I have started something. Like the first day on track practice in the 10th grade. We had to run ...I made it pathetically around the track one...it was supposed to be 4 times!! I said to myself then what I am saying now: WHAT AM I DOING?? OMG!!! I was out of breathe and dying and I could have said to myself: Forget this...I am crazy...I will never be able to do this... But as proof positive I did complete that entire track season, never medaled, never won a single race, but I was able to go up and beyond what I thought I could do.

I am going to miss my family and friends here in the States. Currently, I do not miss them yet, but I know I will more than I now know. I am up late because a part of me wants to stay here and not leave off to Taiwan. I am thinking of all the little excuses not to go...which I will not humor you with.

But here I go, there I come. USA TO TAIWAN. A different culture, different spoken language, etc... WOW-WEE!!

No comments: